For anyone seeking a better rate of interest than bank FDs, post office small savings schemes are the smart bet. When it comes to post office small savings schemes 5-year NSC, Senior Citizen Savings Scheme, Post Office Monthly Income Scheme, Kisan Vikas Patra, are currently providing the highest interest rates than most of the bank FDs. Among all other post office savings account also comes under the category of small savings schemes. And to manage your post office savings account online banking is the only service that you need the most. Online banking makes it simple to transfer funds from Post Office accounts. There are a few things to take care of before you can use your POSB account’s internet banking service. You’ll also need an active mobile number, PAN number and email ID that is linked to your post office savings account.
Steps required to activate post office net banking
- Visit the India Post website to download the ‘ATM Card/Online/Mobile/SMS banking application form’ or get it by visiting – https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/Form.aspx
- To activate post office Online Banking, you must first visit a post office branch with the duly filled post office Internet Banking form and submit it along with the required KYC documents. Once the post office Internet Banking is activated, you will get an SMS alert on your registered mobile number.
- To activate post office Internet Banking after receiving the SMS, go to https://ebanking.indiapost.gov.in and click on ‘New User Activation.’ Customer ID, which is the CIF ID listed on the first page of the savings account Passbook, must be entered here. The Account ID is the number of your savings account.
- The password must be entered carefully, as the account id will be disabled after five incorrect attempts. To re-enable login access, send an email to [email protected] from your registered e-mail address, specifying the specifics as well as the CIF/User ID.
- You can transfer funds from one POSB to another once the account is activated. You can also deposit money in your PPF or post office recurring deposit (RD) account online as well as close them, using the post office online banking facility.
- Using the post office Online Banking, you can even request a “stop cheque” facility and withdraw funds from your account online.
Procedure to activate post office mobile banking
Customers with post office savings accounts can use the mobile banking service in the following manner.
Eligibility required to activate post office mobile banking
- Customers must have a savings account at the post office.
- Customers must have appropriate Internet banking username and transaction credentials. If net banking is not activated, it must be enabled after the SOL (service outlet) has enabled the net banking alternative at the CIF (customer ID).
- Customers of either a single or joint ‘B’ account type are eligible to access the mobile banking feature. The mobile banking service is not applicable to joint ‘A’, minor, mentally deficient, or branch office accounts.
- A Joint-A type account is one that is opened by two or three adults and managed jointly or by the survivors. Joint B type accounts, on the other side, are accounts opened by the two-three adults and run by one of them or the survivors.
Preconditions you need to follow
- Certain conditions must be met by the holder of a savings account in order to use mobile banking. The following are the preconditions that you need to know:
- The account holder must have a valid email ID, PAN and mobile number.
- CIF ID or customer ID that is stated on the first page of your passbook must be verified with the appropriate first and last name, date of birth, father’s name, gender, legitimate identity, current address, mobile number, PAN number, and so on.
Steps to apply for post office mobile banking facility
- The facility is available to eligible post office savings account holders at every CBS head/sub post office, as well as branch offices. The facility is available to eligible post office savings account holders at every CBS head/sub post office, but not at branch offices. The holder of a savings account must submit a duly filled application form to the post office.
- Now the account holder should have to go through KYC norms. You will be required to complete it when submitting your application form, in case you have not completed your KYC.
- Once you complete your KYC you need to submit the duly filled application form only at CBS post office where the savings bank account is maintained.
- Please keep in mind that by using the mobile banking service, each customer’s mobile number must be unique, and the same mobile number cannot be used with more than one CIF or customer ID.
- Once you submit the application form at the branch, your mobile banking service will be enabled within 24 hours. You can get the ‘India Post Mobile Banking’ app from the default app store of your mobile phone.
- Your CIF ID will be your user ID or Login ID, and your transaction password will be the password you configured in your internet banking account.
If you want to deactivate mobile banking service in the future, you can do so by heading to your local post office branch. After 24 hours, the mobile banking function will be deactivated. Customers who have a concern about mobile banking service can call the toll-free number 1800-425-2440 or write an email to [email protected] If an account holder files a grievance at any CBS post office, it will be acknowledged and redirected to the above email address.
For investment related articles, business news and mutual fund advise
You have already subscribed